Health & Wellness
Health Education for a New Generation
Kinkaid is committed to the health of every student, and through programming, scheduling and the building of relationships, we work to promote wellness throughout the school year in all three divisions.
Kinkaid is committed to creating a safe, welcoming and joyful place to learn where every child's well-being is important.
Director of Wellness Cheryl Mitchell
The Kinkaid Health Centers are staffed by a team of registered nurses who:
- Review student health information supplied by parents, using a secure online health record software system
- Assess and evaluate the health needs of students, communicating with parents regarding those needs
- Ensure immunization record compliance
- Coordinate state-required screenings
- Provide first aid and emergency care
- Administrate physician-ordered medications and over-the-counter medications authorized by the parent
- Manage health conditions such as diabetes, asthma, food allergies, ADHD and seizures
- Collaborate with parents, teachers, coaches, school counselors, administrators and health care providers to maintain students’ health and promote academic success
- Maintain emergency equipment such as AEDs, travel medical kits and disaster kits