Friday, May 17, 2019
Barnhart Stadium at 7:30 p.m.
This year, The Kinkaid School Commencement will be streaming on UStream. Please note that the filming itself will begin approximately 10-15 minutes before the ceremony begins.
- Parking & Handicapped Parking
- Bad Weather
- Seniors Class of 2019 Schedule
- Live Video Streaming Online 2019
- Parking for graduation will be in the parking garage next to Barnhart Stadium.
- The garage has afforded much more parking on campus but there will be shuttles running to Memorial Drive Presbyterian for overflow.
- If you have requested handicapped parking, please park only in the designated handicapped spaces.
- If you have guests who require handicapped seating we encourage you to have them seated by 7:00p.m., as navigating crowds may present a challenge. These seats will have already been reserved and hostesses will be in place to direct you in finding their seats.
- There will be unreserved seating in the left and right sections from the center stadium bleacher section.
- In order to accommodate all senior families, we will be using a reserved seating system in the center stadium bleacher section.
- The reserved center stadium bleacher section opens at 6:00 p.m.
- Families may send an “advance party” to secure your seats with the Seat Savers.
- Painter's tape will be provided to attach Seat Savers (with your name written on them) to the bleacher seats.
- NOTE: The reserved bleacher sections will be roped off and unavailable until 6:00 p.m.
- At 7:00 p.m. the center stadium reserved bleachers will be open for general admission.
- We strongly encourage everyone in your group to be in the stadium by 7:00 p.m. or their space may be taken.
- As a courtesy, if you do not need all of your Seat Savers, please return the ones you do not need to Kelly Murray in the Deans’ Office as soon as possible. Remember to return only unused yellow Seat Savers because the purple ones will only be used for Melcher Gym admittance in the event of bad weather. If you need additional Seat Savers please contact Kelly Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org and every effort will be made to try to accommodate your request based on the number of unneeded Seat Savers returned by other families.
- Each Family will have 12 Seat Savers (6 yellow and 6 purple) to be picked up in the Deans' Office.
- Families can use all 12 Seat Savers if we are outside but if we are inside you will ONLY be allowed to use the purple Seat Savers (see “BAD WEATHER” section below).
- In the event of inclement weather, Graduation will be held in the Melcher Gym and seating will be very limited.
- Each family will be allowed (6) seats.
- The six PURPLE Seat Savers will serve as your admission tickets to the gym and seating will be allotted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All handicapped guests will be seated in the Brown Auditorium and will have a simulcast viewing of the ceremony.
- Overflow guests will be welcome in the Brown Auditorium.
- 6:30 p.m. -- Seniors arrive on campus. There is no parking for seniors. Students will need to be dropped off and picked up after the event.
- 7:00 p.m. -- Senior Class Picture – Melcher Gym
- 7:20 p.m. -- Line-up – Melcher Gym
- Appropriate attire: Graduation Gown and Cap
- Boys: Wear a white shirt, tie, dark pants, dark socks, and dark shoes or boots
- Girls: Wear a light colored dress with white or bone heels
- 7:30 p.m. -- Commencement Ceremony -- Barnhart Stadium. Reception immediately following ceremony.