Upper School Dean
Instituted in 2007, the dean system at Kinkaid reflects the school’s commitment to holistic counseling. Before entering the ninth grade, students are assigned to one of the Upper School deans. Serving as an advocate and resource, deans advise and counsel students in academic and social matters, including counseling toward college. Building relationships with students, parents, and faculty is a hallmark of the dean program. The six deans work together as a team.
Responsibilities include serving as advocate, resource, and counselor for students in grades 9-12; performing college counseling duties for all assigned students (25 students in each grade); carrying out the typical dean of student functions; convening parent-teacher meetings; academic counseling, including course selection; and working with teachers and students in cases of academic need.
- enjoyment and appreciation of young people and willingness to hold them to high standards
- college counseling experience in an independent school or college admissions experience at a selective institution
- ability to work cooperatively with parents and students
- excellent writing and speaking skills
- desire to be part of a dynamic team
- interest in leadership opportunities
- a Master's degree is preferred
The Kinkaid School welcomes applications for listed vacancies or to have on file for future openings. Send cover letter, resume, copies of transcripts, and letters of recommendation:
Dean of Faculty
The Kinkaid School
201 Kinkaid School Drive
Houston, TX 77024