Kinkaid Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
The mission of the Kinkaid Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is to enhance the Kinkaid student athlete experience by teaching and cultivating leadership opportunities, promoting awareness of Kinkaid Athletics, providing insight to the student athlete experience, and contributing feedback for Athletics policies, programs and culture.
- Promote a positive student athlete image on campus and within the community
- Cultivate awareness and encourage support for Athletics events
- Develop health and wellness learning opportunities for student athletes
- Promote communication between Athletics administration and student athletes
- Recommend potential Athletics programs and events
- Serve as an ambassador for the Athletics Department and assist in disseminating information to the school community
- Serve as a liaison for Athletics community service opportunities
- Build a sense of community within the Athletics programs by involving all Athletics teams
- Create a vehicle for student athlete representation in campus-wide activities
- Develop and maintain an active social media presence for Athletics
The SAAC is sponsored by the Athletics Department, under the direction of Stacey Marshall and Steve Maas. It is comprised of 12 students (6 male and 6 female) in grades 10-12. The SAAC will consist of three sub-committees, which are centered on community service, school spirit and character/leadership. Students must be involved in Kinkaid Athletics at any level. Students will apply annually in the spring and will serve on the SAAC for one school calendar year. SAAC directors will review applications for the Student Athlete Advisory Committee and obtain input from the Athletics Department faculty in selecting students who have demonstrated a high level of commitment to Kinkaid Athletics, strong character and leadership ability. Meetings will be held monthly before school and there will be one summer training session during June.
Application and Selection Process
Students who apply for the Committee must provide the following information on their application:
- A summary of their experience in Athletics, including participation on teams at Kinkaid.
- List any leadership (athletic, social and academic) positions you have held.
- Why do you want to serve on SAAC? What talents/abilities do you possess that would benefit SAAC?
- Read the mission statement and function of SAAC. How would you contribute to that mission for Kinkaid SAAC?
The SAAC will meet monthly at 7:15-8:15 am. SAAC leaders will host each meeting.
Leadership training wil be conducted by SAAC Directors Stacey Marshall and Steve Maas.
Sub-committees (4 members per committee):
- Community Service
- School Spirit
- Building a culture of Leadership and Character