Falcon Strength & Conditioning
The Kinkaid Strength & Conditioning program offers a positive, safe and competitive training environment where student athletes receive personalized instruction by certified strength and conditioning specialists. Student athletes train year-round in the Friedkin Fitness Center and the Fontaine/Davenport Wrestling Center. The state-of-the-art Athletic Performance Center, which features approximately 5,000 square feet of strength and conditioning space, is the training home to more than 500 athletes from 15 different sports. The Fontaine/Davenport Wrestling Center offers a multi-purpose room for activities such as: dynamic warm-up/cool-down, upper/lower body plyometrics, core training, mat drills, yoga, karate and physical education classes.
The Kinkaid Strength & Conditioning department promotes healthy lifestyle within the Falcon community. Healthy children make healthy adults; therefore, we encourage and disseminate scientific-based research to enhance overall health and fitness.
The goal of the Kinkaid Strength & Conditioning department is to provide a comprehensive strength and conditioning program that is safe and efficient for Kinkaid student athletes. The program consists of the following components: nutrition, mobility, energy system training, skill development, recovery and strength training.
Falcon Strength & Conditioning Facilities
The Friedkin Fitness Center is equipped with the following:
• 9' Custom Combo Power Racks (4)
• 6' x 8' Kinkaid Falcon Logo Olympic Platforms (4)
• 0 - 90˚ Lever Action Benches (8)
• 5 lb - 100 lb Ivanco Dumbbells
• 10lb - 45lb Diamond Rubber Bumper Plates
• Hack Squat/Inverted Leg Press
• Glute-Ham Benches (2)
• Smith Machine
• Hammer Ground Base Jammer
• Flex Performance Assorted Selectorized Machines (16)
• Treadmills, Ellipticals, Bikes, and Rowing Ergometer
• Kettle Bells, Medicine/Swiss Balls