Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our most frequently asked questions. If you would like further information, please contact the Admission Office at 713-243-5033.
- When is the deadline to apply for the 2018-2019 Academic Year?
- What are the application requirements?
- What is the admission process for non-natural entry points? Can we still apply?
- When is the best time to tour the campus?
- When will families be notified of their child’s admission decision?
- If we choose to re-apply for admission, do we need to submit a new application?
- If we live outside of the Houston area, how does this affect our group visit date or interview?
- On what date will Kinkaid be hosting the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE)?
- What are the age requirements for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten applications?
- Does Kinkaid accept international students?
- How do I know if I have successfully completed the application?
- Is the application fee refundable if I withdraw my child's application?
- When should I give my child's teacher the teacher recommendation form to complete?
It is always our desire to meet all of the candidates for whom group visits are required. However, if attending the visit is prohibitive, you may call to request a waiver for this requirement.
For 6th through 12th grade applicants, students may be interviewed online.
Please call our office at 713-243-5033 to make these requests.
For Pre-Kindergarten, candidates must be at least four years old by July 1 of the year they will enter Pre-Kindergarten, and they must not have turned five before June 1 of the year they will enter Pre-Kindergarten.
For Kindergarten, candidates must be at least five years old before July 1 of the year they will enter Kindergarten, and they must not have turned six before June 1 of they year they will enter Kindergarten.
We ask that you give the teacher time to get to know your child before giving them the recommendation form. To ensure that we get the most up to date report on the student's performance in the classroom we cannot accept teacher recommendations before the following dates:
- Pre - Kindergarten: Do not give to teachers before Monday, October 2, 2017.
- Kindergarten - Grade 12: Do not give to teachers before Friday, December 1, 2017.