Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our most frequently asked questions. If you would like further information, please contact the Admission Office at 713-243-5033.
- When is the deadline to apply for the 2017-2018 Academic Year?
- What are the application requirements?
- What is the admission process for non-natural entry points? Can we still apply?
- When is the best time to tour the campus?
- When will families be notified of their child’s admission decision?
- If we choose to re-apply for admission, do we need to submit a new application?
- If we live outside of the Houston area, how does this affect our test date or interview?
- On what date will Kinkaid be hosting the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE)?
- What are the age requirements for Pre-K and Kindergarten applications?
- Does Kinkaid accept international students?
- How do I know if I have successfully completed the application?
- Is the application fee refundable if I withdraw my child's application?
- When should I give my child's teacher the teacher recommendation form to complete?
Candidates must be at least four years old by July 1 of the year they will enter Pre-Kindergarten, and they must not have turned 5 before June 1 of the year they will enter Pre-Kindergarten.
For Kindergarten, candidates must be at least 5 years old before July 1 of the year they will enter Kindergarten, and they must not have turned 6 before June 1 of they year they will enter Kindergarten.
- Pre - Kindergarten: Do not give to teachers before October 1
- Kindergarten - Grade 12: Do not give to teachers before December 1